Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Great Charter of the Liberties of England, and of the Liberties of the Forest

The Magna Carta is a good document to know.  I recall seeing a copy in the United States National Archives and pausing to admire its beauty.

Oddly, the only instance that I recall the Magna Carta's mention in a fictional television show was on Magnum PI, Season 5, Episode 17, The Love For Sale Boat.  I wish that I could find the clip where Higgins explains freedom to three young Japanese women.  All I found was this clip, via Asian American Literature.  I wish that I could find the portion where Higgins does the explaining to the sisters, but I share the love of the "Magna Carta!" battle cry with Dr. Scanlon. The "When Abraham Lincoln signed the Magna Carta" line was cute, in that write-a-silly-line for a foreign character way.

No comments:

Post a Comment